We all know that tea is healthy for you, especially green tea. It can help with weight loss, regulating metabolism etc.. However these are some of the surprising health benefits of green tea you probably did not know about:
1. Diabetes. Green tea helps regulate glucose levels - which slows the rise of blood sugar after eating. This prevents high insulin spikes and fat storage.
2. Heart disease. According to some scientists, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels. This in return helps them stay relaxed and helps them withstand changes in blood pressure.
3. Esophageal cancer. Green tea can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer but also kill cancer inflicted cells without killing the healthy tissue around them.
4. Cholesterol. It improves the ratio of good cholesterol compared to bad cholesterol and reduces the amount of bad cholesterol in the blood.
5. Tooth decay. Studies have shown that the chemical oxidant "catechin" that's found in tea, can destroy viruses and bacteria cause major dental conditions.
6. Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It provides a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and can help alleviate depression.
7. Skincare. Green tea does certain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities which help improve skin tone and also helps with wrinkles and aging!
We all already knew that there's something more to green tea other than amazing taste, and hopefully this article shed a light onto some of the lesser known benefits of green tea. Keep on sipping and enjoying your tea, knowing that you're also helping yourself along the way!